Mission and Vision
- To conserve Soil & surface run off along with restoration of ecological balance and adoption of income generating programme among rural beneficiaries
- To reduce all forms of soil erosion.
- To increase agricultural productivity in sustainable manner.
- Efficient use of rainfall and development of water harvesting structure such as Farm Pond,Check dam,Nalla bunds etc.
- Restoration of ecological balance.
- Ensure food and income security for all, through technological
- innovations and sustainable agriculture
- Promote sustainable utilization of soil,water and vegetation resources.
- In situ moisture conservation and sustainable agriculture production.
- Promote social,Economic status of Farmers and maintaining ecological balance.
- Harness power of science and education with the human touch for higher and sustainable agricultural production..
- Delineation of catchment areas as the basis of analysis and activities for Watershed Development
- Development of policy and legal framework
- Setting up of proper institutions for easier implementation of the Watershed Development schemes.
- Dissemination of information and awareness generation on the Importance of Soil,Water,Ecology & Environment.